Coral Gables Cardiology Associates, P.A.
Concierge Internal Medicine & Cardiologists serving the greater Miami, Florida area. Call us to book your appointment today.
When you need lab tests, you shouldn’t have to waste time traveling to another office or facility. That’s why the board-certified internal medicine and cardiology physicians at Coral Gables Cardiology Associates, P.A. offer you the convenience of in-house lab testing. You can get essential blood work, medical testing such as flu and COVID-19 swabs, and cardiology testing in the office, with rapid results for certain point-of-care testing. Contact your doctor to learn more.
In-House Diagnostics Q & A
What immediate diagnostic testing can I get through in-house lab testing?
After your doctor reviews your medical history, talks with you about your symptoms, and performs a physical examination, they often need to perform testing to help craft a wellness approach or diagnose the cause of your symptoms.
The team at Coral Gables Cardiology Associates, P.A. offer on-site tests such as these:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) analysis, which provides doctors with quick information on potential conditions such as infections, inflammation, iron deficiencies, and dehydration;
- Digital chest X-rays to examine the heart and lungs;
- Urinalysis for immediate determination if an infection is present in the urine as well as other important diagnostic information;
- Fecal occult blood tests to check for blood in the stool, which may indicate bleeding in the digestive tract;
- Prothrombin time (PT), which measures how quickly blood clots and is used to monitor certain types of medication;
- Rapid test influenza swabs to test for the presence of the influenza virus; types A and B. A rapid influenza diagnostic test produces results in 10 minutes; and,
- Rapid test strep swabs to determine if a strep infection is present. A rapid strep diagnostic test produces
results in 5 minutes.
The experienced medical staff also draws blood for all off-site testing. They also take samples for COVID-19 virus and antibody testing. Please note that the time it takes to get test results for COVID-19 varies. The team at Coral Gables Cardiology Associates, P.A. does their best to get COVID-19 results as quickly as possible, and they offer advice for how you can stay safe while waiting for results.
What on-site cardiovascular testing might I receive?
As board-certified physicians in cardiology, echocardiography, nuclear cardiology, and vascular interpretation, the team at Coral Gables Cardiology Associates, P.A. offers several types of cardiovascular tests in the office.
They evaluate and diagnose heart problems with tests such as:
- Electrocardiogram: Measures the electrical activity in your heart;
- Holter Monitoring: Monitors your heart rhythm for a period of time;
- Echocardiography: Uses ultrasound to take images of your heart to evaluate structure and function;
- Stress testing: Tests your heart’s blood flow and function while you exercise;
- Vascular imaging: Uses ultrasound to diagnose problems in your blood vessels;
- VO2 max assessment: Measures your oxygen consumption during exercise; and,
- Pacemaker Interrogation: Checks the function and battery life of your pacemaker.
Speak with your physician to learn more about the convenient in-house lab testing offered at Coral Gables Cardiology Associates, P.A.
We serve the greater Miami, Florida area. Call us to book your appointment today.